Google Duo for PC Download – Windows 7, 8, 10 [Latest]
Social chat apps have simplified the task of connecting with anyone across the world with the internet. Nothing can compromise real-time face-to-face communication. While most chat apps come with a built-in video calling option, not all of them offer an HD quality experience. It isn’t the case if you use an exclusive video calling app like Google Duo. It is exclusively made for video calls, and you can be there with the moments of your loved ones from any place at any time. The Google Duo app is accessible from platforms like Android, iOS, and PC.
Google Duo – An Outline
Googles Duo is a simple-to-use, reliable, and free video chat app. Ever since its launch, it delivers the highest quality video calls with uninterrupted internet. The Google Duo app not just works for your personal video calling needs but also your business communication. You can make one-on-one or set up groups to chat with multiple participants. Besides video calls, it supports capturing special moments and sharing them with others. With Google Duo for PC Windows, you can leave a note, send a personalized video message, or share a voice message. The end-to-end encryption feature keeps your calls and messages private.
Specifications of Google Duo
Developer: Google LLC
Category: Video Calling
Release Date: August 16, 2016
Languages: Multiple Languages
OS Support: Multi-Platform
Things to Perform with Google Duo
Here is all you can do upon downloading Google Duo on your Windows device.
Group Call: Duo supports making group calls with up to 32 members at a time. To join a group call, you can click on the invite link. With this, you can host a meeting, work together, organize reunions, etc.
AR Effects: You aren’t restricted to express yourself as Duo supports AR effects. It moves with you around the screen while on a video call. It changes based on your facial expressions.
Family Mode: With Duo Family mode, you can surprise your loved ones with doodles, effects, and fun masks. It prevents accidental hang-ups or mutes as those buttons get hidden.
Capture Photo: Google Duo lets you capture a moment of your video call and share it with anyone on the call. This way, you can share your important moments with those unable to join the video call.
Data Saver Mode: Upon turning the Data Saver Mode on Duo, you can connect with anyone without worrying about data consumption. As long as you use Google Duo for PC, video calling doesn’t require high data.
Knock Knock: Duo shows the live preview of you to whom you are calling on their device. However, you cannot see the person you are calling till they answer the call.
How to Get the Best Video & Audio Quality on Duo
If you would like to get the best of video calling, you can make use of the following features on Google Duo.
- Check your lighting, and if it is low, Duo will auto adjust the video call brightness. You can manually turn on Low Light Mode (except Android) if there isn’t enough light. With this, you and your loved ones can see each other in better effect.
- Ensure your device’s camera and microphone aren’t blocked by your finger while on a call or while making a call. With this, your participants will be able to see and hear better.
- It is necessary to keep your camera pointing your face in such a way you hold the device at eye level. Only then, your participants can see your face.
- Duo helps you stay at the center of the screen while on a video call. You can turn the Auto framing mode by tapping on the screen and turn it on.
- If you don’t want your background to be visible, Duo users can use the Portrait mode. Turn it on from Settings while on a call, and it will blur your background.
Requirements to Set Up Google Duo
Duo app is completely free, and the following are requirements to set up your Google Duo account.
- A valid phone number
- Access to the phone to get SMS messages
- Google Account if you want to use Duo on multiple devices
- Internet or Wi-Fi connection
How to Install Google Duo on PC
As Google Duo isn’t yet official for PC, you need Android emulator support. With this, you can place and answer video calls. Since BlueStacks works efficiently, we guide you through the installation of Google Duo on PC.
- Visit the official web page of BlueStacks. Download the latest version.
- Proceed with the on-screen instructions to set up Bluestacks.
- When prompted, provide your Google Account details to create an account with BlueStacks.
- On the home screen of BlueStacks, launch the Play Store.
- Using the search bar, type as Google Duo and select it on the suggestions.
- From the search result, select Duo and click on Install.
- Once the download completes, click Open.
- Now, Sign up for an account and start using the Google Duo app on Windows PC.
How to Access Google Duo Web Version
Google Duo is available as a web version, and you can access it right from the browser on your Windows PC. The advantage of using the web version is you don’t require downloading additional software like BlueStacks.
- Visit the Google Duo’s official webpage on your PC browser.
- Hover to tap on the Try Duo for web button.
- If you have already logged into Gmail, Duo will sync automatically. Else, provide your Gmail credentials to proceed.
- Go ahead and enter the phone number to create a Duo account.
- With this, you will get a verification code as an SMS, and you should enter it on your PC.
- Finally, you shall access Google Duo from the web on your desktop or laptop.
Google Duo is available for
How to Use Google Duo on PC
Google’s Duo is easy to use, and you don’t require any technical knowledge. The below steps help you navigate the interface of the Google Duo app on your laptop or computer.
- Launch the Google Duo app on your Windows PC.
- If you are opening it for the first time, you will be prompted to create a Duo account.
- You should input the phone number to complete the account creation process.
- The contacts get sync on Google Duo, and you can click on any contact to make a call.
- If you receive an incoming call, swipe to answer the call and tap the end button to hang up the call.
Google Duo is definitely the best video calling app to rely on. It is an app for those concerned about making reliable video calls.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I block a phone number on Google Duo?
Yes. Duo lets you block those annoying or spam calls from any unwanted numbers.
Why can’t I verify my phone number on Duo?
Check if you have entered the right phone number and ensure the Wi-Fi connection. You can ask someone to text you to check if your phone is working. Finally, you shall request a new verification code.
Can I use Duo on Android TV?
Yes. The Duo works on Android TV, and you can make or answer one-to-one and group calls.